Saturday, April 19, 2014

Getting Back to the Blog

Luckily for me, I am a much better boat builder than I am a blogger...although that might not be saying much. I was pleasantly surprised when I pulled up this blog today to find that my last post was on March 2. Although I am having a terrific time working on the Squirt, it seems difficult to remember life prior to beginning this build. It certainly feels like more than 6 weeks!

From here on out, my plan is to post my progress every night, along with problems faced during the day and solutions. So far I have completed mounting the frames to the form, attached the stem to frame 2, and glued and screwed the battens/keel.
It might not sound or look like very much work has been done, but looking at each piece of the craft I cannot help but think of the hours that were spent carefully sanding, sculpting, and bonding every segment. I have learned a tremendous amount over the last 6 weeks, and I hope to post all of it on this blog. 

The build has been assisted by the blogs of many other Glen-L builders. I am hoping that this blog will help more in the future. 

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment