Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Plans Have Arrived

THE PLANS ARE IN! I was very excited to bust open the box from Glen-L. The box contains text and picture instructions for building the Pee Wee, full size paper layouts, and the Brass (screws) kit. I spent today studying the plans. 

I has a couple surprises. First, I expected the full size paper layouts to be "full size." Instead, many of the pieces show only half of the full size. Because the boat is longitudinally symmetric, one size is to be traced onto the wood, and then the pattern is flipped, and the second half is traced. The plans come with instructions for completing this step. After reading the instructions and discussions on the forum, I have decided to modify the protocol a bit. I'll discuss this in future posts. 

The second surprise was that the screw kit does not contain carriage bolts for the transom and keel. Add that to the pile of things I need to buy. 

I took notes on the directions and put them into my project notebook. It was very helpful in forcing me to understand every step of the procedure before starting the build. 

Time: 2:20 (Total: 2:20)
Cost: $208.33 (Total: $208.33)
  • Pee Wee Plans
  • Pee Wee Brass Kit

No comments:

Post a Comment